The school will be closed for 3 days in June for school inspection by the Dept.
We will re-open July 1st until July 5th.
The office will close for the summer from 8th July until 12th August at 9am.
Please click on this link to access an information pack from Wriggle for parents of students using iPads for the first time.
- Starting dates for 2019 2020 School Year in Luttrellstown CC are as follows:
- 1st Years 9am to 12 Monday 26th
- All years 8.30am to 12.00 Tuesday 27th
- All Years 8.30am to 1pm Wednesday 28th
- All Years 8.30am to 3.35pm Thursday 29th
- All Years 8.30am to 12.10 Friday 30th. Please note new finishing time Friday.
- New Timetable arrangements.
Monday to Thursday 8.30 tutorial starting the day and a 3.40pm finish.
Friday will start straight to class at 8.30am and finish will be 12.10. Wellbeing will continue as a class on Fridays.
Lunchtimes will be split for seniors and juniors next year. One group will take lunch at 12.20 and the second at 1.00pm for this reason our small break remains at 20 minutes to ensure no student goes hungry! Canteen facilities will be available at both breaks.
This split lunchtime is for student safety and best practice with regard breaktime supervision. Arrangements have been discussed with the Teacher Council, Parent Council and Student Council.
- Junior Cycle Programme. LCC continues our progressive programme for Junior Cycle.
- Following a 6 week rotation 1st Year students will choose a short course between; Chinese, Coding or Drama Performance (subject to number limitations).
- Coláiste Na Tulchann will have Códáil & Ceol in 1st and 2nd Year.
- Wellbeing hours will increased in 2nd, 3rd and senior years as per circulars.
The new assessment reports will issue in mid-June and you will note the changes moving forwards towards formative assessment rather than summative assessment. In some subjects both are necessary. Leaving Certificate courses remain mainly summative.
Thank you for your recent support at our 10th Anniversary celebration it was a fantastic occasion and a real celebration of our students your children’s talents. LCC school spirit shone brightly and the follow up Comhrá Cliste last Tuesday was equally amazing. Your children have endless potential and as I say Ní neart go cur le chéile in supporting everyone.
Is mise, le meas,