Luttrellstown Community College’s adopted protocols in relation to data protection national guidelines June 2018
Luttrellstown Community College has adopted protocols in relation to data protection national guidelines (BOM June 2018). Our school general data protection regulation policy (GDPR) and its related guidelines are available on our website. Our data policy explains the following to parents, students and staff:
- What data we collect and for what purpose.
- Why this data is held.
- How long will it will be retained. There are Document Retention Protocols outlined at the end of this booklet.
- How secure is it, both in terms of encryption and accessibility?
- What third parties are allowed access to listed personal information e.g. Teachers, Tutors, Yearheads, Senior Management Team, TUSLA, Department of Education and Skills, DDLETB, PDST, Vsware, Wriggle, Google, Apple etc The policy will outline on what basis we share student, staff, parent information.
- Freedom of Information protocols:
Luttrellstown Community College also requires parents, staff and students to agree to the adopted protocols in relation to data protection national guidelines. Information on these matters is available on our website. From August 2018 Parents and students will sign agreement with this policy in the student journal.